Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Introduction to Schmigital Schmroject

This week's project was to work with Schmigital Schmroject, an AutoCAD clone.

I really don't have a whole lot to say concerning Schmigital Schmroject. Unlike the Arduino, I am not much of a fan of what I have seen so far with it. The program appears to be extremely clumsy. I spent 30 minutes after finishing the tutorial trying to get some lines to interact properly, in a very simple way that should have been intuitive to the program. It is not user friendly in the least, the controls for navigation are overly complex (you can ctrl + mid-click to zoom, but there should be more intuitive pushbutton navigation, using the mouse is just awkward in the ways they want). Once 30 minutes were up and I had attempted to get the lines to interact properly multiple times, I gave up and left, because people were waiting for the computers.

I can't stand working with software that frustrates me. I hope that this software isn't an essential part of our final projects, or that I can find a way to warm up to it before the final project, because right now I am just not feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment